Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hawks have to eat too...

yes we all have to eat. But how very sad it was to come home this morning and discover a huge hawk in my maple tree, with one of my squirrel children hanging from his talons. I did my best to scare him off by yelling and jumping and throwing snowballs at him, but he flew away with it, rather than drop it. I'm such a sap when it comes to my critters, this will bother me for awhile.

We're due for a few warmer days and that is inspiring me to start planning my vegetable gardens. We grow most of our plants from seed.

It's been a trying week on all fronts, but I managed to list some finished items on my site and finish the robin pattern I was working on. I think he is rather handsome in his rugged prim way!

Well, have a happy weekend! Denise

No comments:

Sunflower Summer

A few of my favorite things!