Monday, August 8, 2016

A Maker's Life

Oh I truly love this time of year.... This is the start of our day and a new week on Sassafras Hill.  Again, I am up before the birds, painting pumpkins.   This puts a slight dent in my pile!  I have been waiting out the heat wave, so they aren't over baked on the line. 
 
 
 
I have been stitching and stitching and stitching as you can see!  It has helped my heart to heal after learning of the  awful way we were ripped off from the last shop I was in....  I feel content to be able to do what I love every day, and that is something that can not be taken away. We are in a good place. 
 
 
I wanted to reach the tree in the woods, but am a bit short and afraid the line will break.  There are several more to the right, but that's all I could photo in one snap..... 64 in all, and stopping for a bit to work on some bottle dolls.  and Matthew is covered in sawdust already.... he is finishing some new display pieces and cutting some pumpkins for outside!  I am grateful he has had a summer finding joy in making. 
 
I will have plentiful autumn offerings in Hidden Treasures and Cozy Cat Primitives ... also our two  upcoming shows. 
 
Have a beautiful week where you are, and with what you have.... Love, Denise and Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a remarkable job you have done.. I was sad to hear you got ripped off..
Think of better times ahead.. I will keep you in my prayers..
SD

Sunflower Summer

A few of my favorite things!