Saturday, June 13, 2020

So many blessings...

What does one do when confronted by the restrictions presented by Covid-19 ?   We have stayed busy almost every moment.  After the initial shock of social distancing we realized that this was pretty much our normal anyway. 

2020... I started the year off suffering from shingles for close to two months.  I certainly hope never to do that again!   Then pulled it together and managed to get through the Deerfield Spring Sampler and have the best time ever.

The next weekend we went in social distancing protocol and soon afterwards we discovered that our next planned show was canceled for June. 

So, as sad as I was over that, I soon realized that this was the opportunity to do things I normally have little time for.  Much housework happened... Much gardening happened.  


Much cooking happened.... we have tried so many new recipes.  

   

and punchneedle turned into just the thing to take me away into my own little world and forget all else.
     

As always, creating is a part of every day life around here...


We are still keeping ourselves safe at this point.  I've been out exactly twice.  Once for a takeout Fisherman's platter eaten in the car after our favorite dairy bar opened for the season.  And once to go plant shopping, mask and all.  I will restrict my outings as long as possible to keep my momma safe.

Then this happened...  A kind person informed me my website was down for days at least. This is not the first time.    So, after many years I have taken on a new site and am in the process of building it... not an easy task, and not what I was intending to do with my time.   It's a challenge, but needs to be done.  A blessing in disguise for sure.  I am now able to offer instant downloads on my patterns and old time labels.   It will be awhile before I finish, but it's nice to have time...

Isn't it pretty looking?


and then life goes on... it's the weekend.   A driveby birthday greeting, taking care of my momma, hubby replacing siding on one side of my shed.... a little crafting, a bit of punch, maybe a bit of website work.  Life is good enough :-)   


No comments:

Sunflower Summer

A few of my favorite things!