Saturday, June 20, 2020

The Lazy Days of Summer


ummm... no lazies here! 

I've had extremely busy days and find myself wishing for more hours to complete everything.   I've spent some hours during the week on more behind the scenes stuff for the website. I'm not rushing it because I want to make sure I'm happy with it.  I'm taking my time and pondering each step.  My son is helping me with my label files... it seems my computer resized everything at some point.  I wasn't aware of it... I thought my eyesight was going.   Some of the old I will retire and some will be reworked.   And there are new designs.  All will be listed when ready and when time permits.


Much time has been spent in the gardens and they are fabulous this year.  I am going to allow myself the time to enjoy them.  
We are geeking out on the birds... hummers, orioles, bluebirds, finches, wrens, a huge woodpecker population, and more.  Because we're in a heatwave I've put out extra birdbaths for all.  Matthew is working on oriole feeders today.   I’m so thankful for all his hard work, every day.   

I worked on a new fabric pattern, the first in many years, and some punchneedle designs that I'm anxious to start punching.  And I am stuffing like crazy.  I've been staying up late every evening.... my kitties are always near.  


As always every day we spend our time with my mom.  Her knee is troublesome again but we're keeping her out of pain and well otherwise.  I'm thankful to have her home even on the hard days.  We will spend the coming months mostly at home so we can all stay safe and well.  Although I’m a homebody by nature and happy in my own little world, some days it gets to me...   today was hard, knowing we would have been at Walker Homestead having the time of our lives.   

‘Til next time, be well and have a happy summer!    

No comments:

Sunflower Summer

A few of my favorite things!