Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Autumn Handmades


It's been the most productive spring season in sassafras land... However I can't say I'm sorry to see it pass.   This will be a year not soon forgotten!   
I have started summer off with a big bang by working on offerings for autumn.   This is an uncertain year and I haven't quite figured out what to work on.     One of our favorite fall shows, Walker Homestead, has been cancelled.   I am rather hopeful the rest will follow suit.   Knowing what we go through to participate in our shows, I can't think of any possible way that they would be safe, for ourselves, or for our dear customers!  


I will be writing some fall patterns this year, and I do feel blessed to be able to work on the new website.   It has given me new focus on my humble beginnings.   I've updated and added most of my early feedsack luminary and printable designs as instant downloads.   Many of my cloth designs are also instant downloads.   It's so much easier for me to handle them with mom's care mixed in with my daily duties....   I will also be accepting paper pattern orders and finished luminary bags, when time permits.   It's all still a work in progress, unfolding a bit more every day.  Handmade finished items and a few supplies will be also available.   I'm awaiting a box order.... no way I'll be groveling around the supermarket for empty boxes in the midst of a pandemic!!!   
so.... this is some of what I'm up to.

Next thing is waiting on a patch of dry and sunny weather to fill the clothesline for my annual painted pumpkins picture.   That will be too fun...  One of my favorite summer things.   I am ahead of schedule this year! 

 "Til then, be good, and be well.  ~ Denise

2 comments:

NMK said...

I am worried about the Deerfield Holiday Sampler being cancelled too ….what a crazy year. Take Care !

Sassafras Hill Primitives said...

Yes, sadly I don't see how it can be held.... that's a phase four event I believe. I was less worried about the autumn show. Matt and I planned every last detail. I don't feel as confident about being stuffed inside. Take care and be well.

Sunflower Summer

A few of my favorite things!