Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Pumpkin Roulette Anyone

My yearly tradition is a pumpkin parade on the clothesline!  I'm not sure I trust this clothesline.  It's a bit ragged, but we'll see what happens.  Just keep adding one more, and another, and maybe another? Can I reach the treeline?   Ha... It's no fun picking them off the lawn and garden.  And it wouldn't be the first time!   I have a mountain of unfinished work to paint over the next days.... Hopefully the weather will hold up for it.  


I'm extremely thankful we emerged from yesterday's storm mostly unscathed.  Over 700,000 power outages in Connecticut.  Scary stuff for sure.  My monstrous trees were flipping around in the wind for hours like floppy little ragdolls.  So many trees are down all over town.  I think my prayers were answered.    I lost my beloved trumpet vine I grow for the hummers, but really it's been a chore keeping it tame over the past years, so maybe it's a blessing!
A few beautiful hot days and I'm extremely motivated to keep the painting going and get some finished creations listed on the website.  Be sure to subscribe to the mailing list on the website to be in the know.  And be sure to confirm when you get the email, or you will not receive my emails.  Happy August!   

No comments:

Sunflower Summer

A few of my favorite things!