Saturday, August 22, 2020

Time for The Big Girl Panties

This year is too much!   The shows I do and the wonderful people who come out to them are my lifeblood.      
They give focus to my work and goals to achieve.  Every show I plan to the last detail so I can build a better display than the time before.   I find that level of stress works for me.  Also it’s just the right amount of distraction from things I need distracting from.  Ha! 


So... yesterday I happened across the posting from Old Deerfield and not only is the Autumn show cancelled, but also the Holiday Sampler.   I’m too sad for words.   And yes, I am relieved too, because it’s safer to stay home and not be surrounded by huge crowds.   

And then I checked Old Wethersfield and they had also just posted and canceled.   That was the last opportunity for  this year.   So... I will keep making, because it’s what I do.  It’s just harder creating and not having visions of awesome primitive displays swirling through my head!  I will miss my people and the hustle and bustle of the shows.... the hugs, the heartwarming response to my creations, and another job well done.   😢


No comments:

Sunflower Summer

A few of my favorite things!